Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egg Day

We wanted to make sure there was a distinction between Easter and the secular acticvities associated with it. So what we do, basically, is just make sure our egg hunting and candy basket acticvities don't take place on Easter Sunday. We usually do it the day before, as we did today. (I have the camera date set to the wrong year; these really were taken today, in 2008.)

Boy One and Boy Two coloring eggs.




All five on the sofa, happily anticipating, moments before the baskets are given out.





Boy Three knows if you eat the ears first, the poor bunny won't be able to hear you chewing him up.



"I decorated this one myself."





"Look at my pretty egg."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The version of "Amazing Grace" that is on your blog is lovely, and your blog title is so appropriate. God's grace has indeed guided and gently led us to where we are this very moment. It's what we need to "lead us home."

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Happy Easter, my dear daughter! HE IS RISEN!

Mom

Safe Thus Far said...

He is risen indeed!

Molly said...

I just found your blog, Susan! How have I never seen this before??? What a lovely family you have. I'm going to bookmark this, I know I'll be back!
Molly in GA
http://www.counterculturalmom.blogspot.com

Safe Thus Far said...

Welcome, Molly!

I'm glad you found our new blog. I haven't told many people, because it's not one of those great inspirational/encouraging/teaching blogs like yours. It's just our plain ol' day to day life with pictures. But thank you for your kind words. And you're welcome to come back anytime. :)

Anonymous said...

hello Peterson Family! I've just been reading your blogs- Joan told me of this site. Great pictures! Hope to see you all soon

Cousin Rachel

Safe Thus Far said...

Hi, Rachel!

Glad you found us here. We hope to see you soon too. :) By the way, CONTRATULATIONS!!!