Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Resurrection Day!

Here we are right after the service today, standing outside our building. A few minutes later, we were enjoying the annual Easter brunch. This year it was again catered by the pancake company that THROWS your pancakes to you. You have to catch them on your plate from about 15-20 feet away.


This morning I was able to listen to the Easter story on my new GoBible, which I just got yesterday. This portable digital audio Bible (basically an ipod preloaded with the Bible) lets you listen by earphones or speaker to the whole Bible. You can choose by individual verse, by book or chapter, by story, or by daily portion (the Bible divided into 365 portions). I debated between the Alexander Scourby KJV or the Max McLean NIV, and finally chose the NIV. The whole Scourby version is available online for whenever I want to listen to that one--but it's not portable.

The reason I got this, with my kind husband's permission, was because I read the Bible sooooo slowly during my quiet time--because I am naturally compelled to analyze everything. I am hoping this will allow me to get through larger portions at a time, because of course that is valuable too.

No comments: