Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us

Mr. P and I have been happily married for 18 years today. Thank you, Lord! :) :)

My parents are here, and we're all just waiting around for the baby to arrive. Yesterday we picked black raspberries from our own back yard, and I made two pies. They were fabulous, if I do say so myself.

Our baby boy is due today, but I'm not sure if he's aware of that. I'm getting induced on Wednesday if he doesn't arrive by then. How nice it would be if I don't end up needing the induction! I've been reading the Psalms this morning, and for some reason, every time I see the word pit (going down to the pit, being rescued from the pit), I keep thinking Pitocin. Hmmmm. I suppose that's not the usual interpretation.

Here are a few phrases from Psalm 27 that I am thinking about as labor nears:
"He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle He shall hide me."
"Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me."
"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage."

Thank you so much to all who have been praying for us!

1 comment:

KeepItSimple said...

Here I talked to you on the phone today - and didn't even wish you a Happy Anniversary!!! So, a very happy, blessed anniversary to you and David!!

We're still praying!! Can't wait to get THE phone call!

Hugs -
Camille

PS - Are you a CBD affiliate?