Friday, August 1, 2008

Social Hazard

We got my oldest son several T-shirts for his birthday a while back, but this is by far my favorite. It says Social Hazard--I will not conform--Romans 12:2.


While on the one hand we are supposed to show kindness and respect to outsiders, we must at the same time not "conform" to their ways. I suppose some people do have a hard time being kind and polite to other folks, but most of us find conformity to the world's ways a bigger temptation.


I pray that each of my children will not be timid or lazy and therefore just blend in, but instead be "socially hazardous" toward this world's kingdom of darkness and devote their lives to spreading God's glorious Kingdom of Light.


If you've stopped by here and have read this--would you take a moment to pray that for my kids too? Thanks!

No comments: