Friday, April 4, 2008

What's your brain type?

I first took this kind of test about 20 years ago. Now I took a different version of it today--and I'm still the same me after all these years! I'm a confirmed ISTJ. And their description sure matches me! I think my family would agree.

If you enjoy this kind of thing, how about taking the test and posting your results here? Do you think your description fits you?

TAKE THE TEST!

I'll have Mr. P take the test later today and post his results in the comments. I wonder if he's still the same guy I fell in love with? Actually, we talked about this the other day and couldn't remember just what his type was. Maybe he's borderline on a couple categories. My guesses for him are ISTP, ISFJ, or ISFP. My top guess is ISTP.

6 comments:

Safe Thus Far said...

Well, Mr. P's score came in at INTP (only one letter off from my guess). But he really doesn't feel that it, or any one of the sixteen categories, fits him just right. Reading all the descriptions, he feels he's closest to something in between an INTP and an ISTP (my original guess)--but not either one.

Here's my favorite part of our conversation while working on this last night:

Mr. P: Why do you care about this?
Me: Because it's fun.
Mr. P: But it's not fun.

And my favorite of his one-liners:
"If one of the categories said, 'Can't hardly stand to read this list of 16 things,' then that would be the right one for me."

Oh, how he makes me smile!!!

KeepItSimple said...

LOL!

That conversation would be repeated here if I could get Troy to take the test...lol!

As for me, I scored as an BCIR/INTP. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a different score *smile*.

LOVE the blog!!!

...and the music! One day, I'll play piano like that...right now, it's just Mary Had a Little Lamb *smile*.

Safe Thus Far said...

Hey, Camille, the descriptions of our two types are really pretty similar. Maybe some time we should team up and try to solve a mystery or win a history contest or something.

:)

Alice C. said...

I scored as FCIL/ENTJ. No surprise, it's exactly how I scored two years ago during our training before going overseas. My husband scored as INTJ during that training. It helps a lot to see these results, for example: our oldest daughter (14 yrs.) scored as ISFP--very different from my husband and myself. We try to keep this in mind when we have discussions and differences with her. :)

Alice C. said...

My daughter has corrected me. (Wrong again!) She was an ESFJ so not as different from me as I thought. Of course, we also need to remember that these things score on a scale. So while my husband was off-the-chart J, he was only middle-line on the I. I was midway on E and J both.

Okay...that's all.

Safe Thus Far said...

I agree, Alice. These tests really can be helpful. Without instruments like these, that help me to see that God made everybody different, I might just tend to think that everybody who wasn't like me was crazy!